We are one of the largest manufacturers of Chemicals in India with delivered commendable performance during the year FY2018, reflecting higher volume, revenue and profit growth across all our business segments. Committed to long-term value creation, we continue to strive for quality Top-line growth, while working on improving our operating profit margin through increased capacity, scale and efficiency.
a. Commissioned a ` 750 crore investment in the fertiliser sector, to triple NPK capacities with technologies to allow unique product differentiation.
b. Undertook a ` 550 crore investment to become Asia’s largest acid complex to serve the growing specialty chemicals sector.
c. To strategically support the downstream sectors already in operations, a world scale Ammonia facility of 1,500 TPD is being planned as a backward integration at Taloja at the cost of approximately `2,950 crore.
d. Planning Capacity expansion of IPA (at taloja) and TAN (in Odisha) with capex outlay of `2,350 crore.
• In order to maintain our leadership position in Nitric Acid, we are setting up a plant at Dahej that will produce 1,48,500 MTPA of Dilute Nitric Acid and 92,400 MTPA of Concentrated Nitric Acid. The plant is expected to commence production towards end of 2018.
• Our Solvent trading portfolio crossed `2,000 crore to make us a preferred partner to the pharma sector.
• Our new NPK plant, with innovative and differentiated technology, was ade operational in February 2017, adding 6,00,000 MTPA capacity.
We soft-launched unique and differentiated NPK products under the brand “SMARTEK” during the Rabi season, receiving wide acceptance in the marketplace due to its enhanced nutrient use efficiency.
• We ramped up overall market share in NPK in home state Maharashtra from 12% to 20% and enhanced our overall margins by garnering better pricing.
• We expanded our market presence into the states of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and North India. • We operationalised the new Bensulf plant at Panipat, Haryana with 32,000 MTPA effective capacity.
• We worked on bringing “fast dispersion” sulphur product to enable Superi or value proposition for farmers and maintain our leadership position in the speciality fertiliser segment.
• Our pull activities included hiring Market Development Officers for technical sales and to increase awareness of unique product features, improved farm-level yield and in turn pull from farmers in our core command areas.
• With the exponential growth in the use of new technologies, we leveraged various digital platforms to engage farmers and disseminate information.
• We raised the product keeping qualities under tougher climate, tempera ture & logistics challenges in our drive for sustained customer satisfaction.
• With a single-minded vision of expanding our export revenue, we augmented and strengthened our presence in the key markets of Africa and Asia.
• We added new geographies within India in Raipur, Tata Nagar and NCR.
• We bagged a US$ 60 million mining services contract in Australia for 3 years.